- Introduce a new First-Time Home Buyer Incentive giving up to 10% off the purchase price of a first home.
- Increase the qualifying value to nearly $800,000 in places where houses cost more.
- Modify the mortgage stress test to ensure first-time homebuyers aren't unnecessarily prevent from accessing mortgages.
- Remove the stress test from mortgage renewals.
- Increase amortization periods to 30 years for first-time homebuyers.
Introduce 30-year terms to CMHC insured mortgages on entry-level homes for first-time home buyers, while doubling the Home Buyer's Tax Credit to $1,500.
Eliminate the first-time home buyer grant.
Put in place a consistent national tax on vacant residential properties owned by non-Canadians who don't live in Canada.
- Launch an inquiry into money laundering in the real estate sector.
- Work with industry partners to eliminate practices that inflate housing prices.