Invest $2 million / year more in mental health and sexual education hotlines.
Make mental health care available at no cost for people who need it.
Take next steps to implement national universal pharmacare for drug coverage at an affordable price.
- Expand the single-payer Medicare model to include Pharmacare for everyone.
- Create a bulk drug purchasing agency to reduce drug patent protection periods.
- Make sure every Canadian has access to a family doctor or primary health care team.
- Make home care and palliative care more available across the country.
- Invest $1.5 billion in a first term to purchase MRI machines and CT machines to replace and add machines across the country.
- Provide $15 million to implement the Framework on Palliative Care in Canada.
Work with the provinces and territories to tackle wait times and improve access to primary care across the country.
Negotiate the Canada Health Accord to prioritize reduction in wait times, among other things.
Ensure a full range of prescription contraceptives and reproductive health care options are easily accessible at no cost through Medicare and a national pharmacare programme.
Include a funded national dementia strategy as part of a National Seniors Strategy working with provinces, territories, and Indigenous governments.
Develop and fund a national dementia strategy in collaboration with health professionals and provincial/territorial governments, to improve quality of life for patients and care givers, increase awareness, and reduce stigma.
- Work with stakeholders to develop a National Autism Strategy.
- Invest $50 million over five years to develop a comprehensive strategy in consultation with autistic individuals, autism organizations, governments, and Indigenous communities.
Implement a national Autism strategy to coordinate support for research, ensure access to needs-based services, promote employment, and help expand housing options.