Care homes & assisted living
Film and TV production
Restauraunts & hospitality
Tech & Innovation
Precarious & gig workers
Mental health and schools
Work-related chronic pain
Diversity in government
Early childhood development
Youth in care
Connection to home communities
Government support for workers
South Asian-Canadian museum
Arts & culture
I am proud to call Surrey home and have been glad to be a representative for Surrey in Parliament, and an advocate for youth, seniors, and families my whole life.
Provincially, nationally and internationally, I have passionately advocated for quality, public education systems where every child can achieve his or her potential. A well-funded public education system is the cornerstone of our democracy and fundamental to building an inclusive and just society.
Our healthcare is the jewel in our crown where income does not determine the help you will receive when you are sick. However, in Surrey, we have one hospital in the largest and fastest growing City. And we have a shortage of family doctors.
Our policies surrounding senior care are seeing that our staff are overtaxed and are burning out leading to our seniors receiving less than the care they deserve.
In caucus, I will advocate for:
- quality public education, with fewer portables.
- investment into quality healthcare that is timely and based on prevention and treatment.
- retirement years with dignity and quality senior care.
- jobs. We are the richest Province in Canada and currently send many good paying jobs outside of the country. We will use our resources to grow jobs HERE in BC.
- a multi-faceted approach to crime that includes mental health support, prevention, early intervention, and enforcement.
- $10 a day childcare
Together, we can build a BC that is a home for ALL of us.