- Freeze rents to the end of 2021 and capping increases after that.
- Provide a renter's rebate of $400/year for households earning up to $80,000 annually that are not already receiving other rental support.
Implement a short-term commercial-rent relief plan that flows relief directly to tenants and supports small businesses unable to access current relief programmes.
Introduce a rental supplement to close the cap between affordable rent and what renters actually pay and introduce means-tested grant that applies to low and moderate income earners who are paying more than 30% of their income in rent.
- Control the rising cost of strata insurance.
- If rates have not corrected by the end of 2021, we will develop a public strata insurance option, similar to Saskatchewan.
- Encouraging and facilitate self-insurance models for stratas.
- Eliminate the practice of "best-terms" pricing.
- Reducing statutorily-required insurance for strata properties from full replacement value to a level in line with actual claims cost history.
Convene a taskforce, including insurance brokers, insurers, and strata owners, to deal with the rising cost of strata insurance and develop solutions as soon as the BC Financial Services Authority finishes their investigation.