Increase eligibility for the BC Access Grant.
- Create a Work Experience for Students programme with the federal govt.
- Streamline registrations and credentialing for apprenticeship training.
- Bring trades competency into the K-12 system.
- Have secondary school trades programme begin credentialling earlier.
Invest in mental health supports for students and staff.
Increase mental health supports in public secondary schools, such as registered psychiatric nurses.
Provide $24 million in new funding to enhance the number of counsellors in schools, starting in the current school year.
Conduct a funding review of post-secondary education operating grants to make sure post-secondary institutions are aligned for economic recovery and student success.
Double the funding for the BC Access Grant to help support post-secondary part-time students and those enrolled in multi-year programs.
- Implement a province-wide framework for hybrid and online learning options.
- Promote distance learning programmes.
- Restore $12 million of funding for Independent Distributed Learning programmes.
- Fund operating grants for school districts at the same level as 2019/2020, so that lower enrolment during COVID doesn't result in less funding.
- Maintain additional COVID funding for PPE & online learning.
- Give every school the resources to develop remote & hybrid learning options.
- Strengthen existing Tuition Fee Limit Policy to make sure institutions don't increase fees beyond prescribed limits.
- Expand tuition waivers to all former youth in care, regardless of age.
Adopt the disclosure-requirements of the UK Office for Standards in Education, Children's Services and Skills, to ensure all BC students know, before they register, the total costs of a programme, the graduation rate, and employment rate.