- Dedicate a specific portion of the annual allowable cut to higher value producers who create new jobs for workers in BC.
- Plant more trees.
- Reinstate the Rural Dividend Fund.
- Implement a market-pricing stumpage system.
- Modernize forest management practices.
- Aggressively defend BC's interests in softwood lumber trade issues.
- Increase investments in silviculture.
- Support development of mass timber structural products.
Establish a new Worker Training & Job Opportunity Office to maximize the impact of an Economic Recovery Plan for workers and communities, with a focus on retraining, supporting communities facing job loss, developing higher value goods, and accessing new global markets.
Implement a just transition programme for workers in the oil and gas sector and other industries in transition, working with them on a pathway to a guaranteed job in the clean economy.
Create a Mining Innovation Hub to identify and support innovation, offer training for workers in new technologies, regulatory excellence, environmental management, and low-carbon approaches.
- Implement a fully online digital regulatory system by 2025.
- Improve the process for mine development, permitting, inspection, and remediation, and cut permit-processing time in half.
- Pursue benefit sharing for small and rural communities.