Expand popular provincial parks with new campgrounds, trails, and protected areas while increasing funding to improve infrastructure and protect park ecosystems.
- Enhance funding for BC Parks and the Conservation Officer Service.
- Improve infrastructure and ensure natural ecosystems are not being degraded.
- Create more campgrounds to meet demand, ensuring grounds don't cut into existing protected areas.
- Provide $100 million over 4 years to fund climate adaptation initiatives.
- Build capacity in communities so they can respond safely and effectively to extreme weather and natural disasters.
- Protect communities from wildfires and flooding through forest management & fuel treatment.
Ensure charging stations are widely available.
- Support investments in renewable energy and technology solutions such as carbon capture.
- Ensure a comprehensive greenhouse gas strategy that reduces emissions while allowing resource development and Indigenous land use.
Spur energy-efficiency upgrades with programmes and incentives for both residential and commercial buildings, including allowing homeowners to take out loans for efficiency upgrades and pay them back overtime through property taxes.
- Encourage retrofitting of homes and businesses.
- Improve the provincial building code to maximize energy-efficiency while avoiding one-size-fits-all costs.
- Increase short-term incentives for retrofits.
- Partner with colleges, technical institutes, and private organisations to develop training programmes to expand employment in green retrofits, focusing on supporting sectors impacted by COVID & a just transition for oil & gas workers.