Improve BC Ferries service at peak time, allocate more space to reservations, allow walk-on reservations, and coordinate with BC Transit and TransLink to align scheduling and provide a more seamless passenger experience.
Review ferry schedules with goal of hourly service on high-frequency routes.
- Ensure that BC Ferries can maintain service levels despite long-term losses from COVID.
- Bring BC Ferries back into the government as a Crown Corporation.
- Conduct a full review of BC Ferries operations focused on providing an efficient, public service.
Move towards a net-zero emission bus fleet powered by electrification, hydrogen fuel, cell technologies, and other zero-emissions technologies.
Invest in electrifying transit systems, including partnering with the federal government to accelerate support for BC Transit and TransLink to electrify their bus fleets.
Widen Highway 1 through the Fraser Valley by 2026.
- Widen the Trans-Canada highway in the Fraser Valley to six lanes all the way to Whatcom Road.
- Increase funding for road and bridge maintenance.
- Upgrade highway rest areas.
- Enforce open procurement on public infrastructure projects.
Ensure no disruption in future transit expansion due to the pandemic.
- Expand public transit options.
- Continue TransLink expansion in areas of population growth, including south of the Fraser, the Fraser Valley, and North Vancouver.
- Increase transit hours in the Interior, North, and Vancouver Island.