Expand Foundry Centres and Integrated Mobile Crisis Response Teams to respond to mental health-related emergency calls.
Explore new ways to help prescribers separate more people from the toxic drug supply through safe prescription alternatives.
- Scale up safe supply.
- Work with the colleges of physicians and pharmacists to encourage their members to participate in existing programmes.
- Fund a wider range of safe supply resources, including low-barrier ways of dispensing.
- Ongoing consultation with people who use drugs.
- Increase addiction-treatment and recovery programmes.
- Clearly recognise that addiction is a medical disorder, and ensure a focus on public health and safety in the treatment of people suffering form addictions.
- Introduce a Safe Care Act to safely help young people into treatment.
Work with WorkSafeBC to identify new ways of improving pain management practices for injured workers, and mandate WorkSafeBC to to provide treatment on demand to those with chronic pain as a result of workplace injuries.