Work with people across the province to develop and bring in comprehensive accessibility legislation.
- Increase the supply of fully-accessible housing units for persons with disabilities in newly-built multi-unit residential buildings.
- Modernize the BC Building Code to address accessibility.
- Introduce a BC Accessibility Act.
- Establish a housing office charged with assisting people with disabilities and youth aging-out to find suitable accommodation.
- Develop an action plan to end gender-based violence, including minimum standards for sexual assault response.
- More training for police, crown council and justices.
- Establishing core funding for sexual assault centres.
- Extend the Sexual Violence and Misconduct Policy Act beyond public post-secondary institutions to all of government.
- Adopt Clare's Law, making violent criminal histories open to those at risk, esp. potential partners.
Introduce new pay transparency legislation in an attempt to move towards equal pay for equal work.
Require companies with at least 50 employees to report the compensation paid to categories of male and female employees, via the Equal Pay Reporting Act.
Introduce equal pay legislation.
Modernize the Police Act based on the recommendations of the Special Committee on Reforming the Police Act, prioritizing tackling systemic racism, creating a dedicated hate crime unit within local forces, and reviewing training and procedures for "wellness checks".
- Establish more Integrated Mobile Crisis Response Teams to respond to mental health calls.
- Require police services to adopt anti-racism & anti-discriminatory conduct policies.
- Establish standards to eliminate arbitrary racial-profiling.
- Increase use of non-armed police patrols.
Conduct a full review of anti-racism laws in other jurisdictions and launch a full stakeholder consultation leading to a new Anti-Racism Act.
Ensure all government services are free of racism and prejudice, and require all government offices to follow anti-racism policies.
- Support better demographic data collection to better understand disparities in our society, for health, education, housing, and employment outcomes in particular.
- Carry out the requests of the BC Advisory Committee on the UN Decade for People of African Descent.