This is a page from the 2020 British Columbia general election.
Introduce legislation to improve information sharing for law enforcement agencies, regulate imitation firearms, strengthen regulation of shooting ranges, and close regulatory gaps.
- Aggressively crackdown on gangs.
- Prosecute people who transport illegal handguns in cars.
Public safety funding
- Increase funding for public safety by $58 million.
- Hire 40 additional full-time Crown prosecutors and additional support staff.
- Provide tools to the BC Prosecution Service to reduce delays and aggressively crackdown on crime.
Public safety personnel
Fund the hiring of 200 additional police officers and 100 more psychiatric social workers/nurses.
Vigorously enforce ban on unsafe roadside panhandling.
Surrey Police transition
Pause the transition in policing in Surrey and hold a referendum on whether to continue it.