Reason for running
As a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA), I directly see the negative impacts of government policy on business owners and most notably, their families.
I am frustrated by the ineptness and inconsistency that seems to plague government, regardless of the political party in power. It seems like more time and energy is spent focused on the problems instead of finding solutions to those problems.
In recent years, the federal government has engaged in victim and villain politics. Constructing policy through this lens emphasizes the plight of a particular group of citizens and in turn, places the blame for these circumstances on a differing group of citizens. This results in mistrust and inefficiencies, creating winners and losers and dividing our nation.
Canadians deserve an agile, competent and compassionate government. Through common sense and hard work, we can achieve monumental prosperity.
Budget and spending decisions need to be made with the same prudence that families and businesses use in making these decisions. The government needs to capitalize on our strengths and encourage innovation through less red tape in order to propel the country out of debt. Furthermore, we need to put aside individual issues and find common ground on matters that are truly important. This is the key to our success.
I am running because I believe that more Christian men and women should be involved in the decision making processes of this country.
I am running because I believe that government should operate in step with the following pillars:
- Parents have the right to raise their children the way they choose.
- Those we elect to serve us in civil government must respect and defend our right of belief and freedom of religion.
- The laws and policies of civil government must provide for the safety and security of the citizens, especially the vulnerable among us.
- It is inappropriate for civil government to heap debt upon the backs of our children and future generations.
- Elected officials should be accountable to their constituents through monthly in person town hall meetings.
Through a common sense focus and a passion for bringing people together on common ground, I will work to help bring prosperity to the riding of Red Deer – Mountain View and Canada.
Change starts from one individual standing up, saying we can do better and by not only presenting ideas but acting on them.