This is a page from the 2020 British Columbia general election.
Care homes & assisted living
- Hire 7,000 new workers for long-term care and assisted living.
- Restore standards for wages, benefits, and working conditions.
- Build more public care homes.
- Require transparency from private operators.
- Launch a Silver Alert system to help locate missing seniors.
- Invest an additional $1 billion over 5 years in new long-term care facilities.
- Work towards private rooms for all seniors in long-term care who want them.
- Work with care home operators to address chronic worker shortages.
- Shift sector away from for-profit private companies, to a mix of public, not-for-profit, community-based services, & co-ops.
- Require annual inspections, financial statements, & audited expense reports.
- Recognize caregivers as a healthcare profession with the salary they deserve.