This is a page from the 2020 British Columbia general election.
- Build new treatment, recovery, detox and after-care facilities, including in Maple Ridge, with some beds specifically for British Columbians under age 24.
- Step up oversight of recovery homes and private treatment providers.
- Increase addiction-treatment and recovery programmes.
- Clearly recognise that addiction is a medical disorder, and ensure a focus on public health and safety in the treatment of people suffering form addictions.
- Introduce a Safe Care Act to safely help young people into treatment.