This is a page from the 2020 British Columbia general election.
- Protect childcare in law.
- Bring $10-a-day childcare to more families.
- Create more childcare spaces through a new childcare capital programme, exceeding target of 22,000 new spaces.
- Work towards universal access to before- and after-school care on school grounds.
- Train more ECEs.
- Provide $10-a-day childcare to families making up to $65,000 annually, and stepped rates of $20 or $30-a-day for families of incomes up to $125,000.
- Build 10,000 new childcare spaces across BC.
- Expand access to before-and-after school care in schools.
- Invest up to $897M/year by 2023/24 in childcare programme.
- Expand available physical spaces, prioritizing partnerships with public schools, community non-profits, and First Nations.
- Provide free childcare for working parents with children under 3.