This is a page from the 2020 British Columbia general election.
- Pass legislation requiring BC to reach net-zero emissions by 2050, either through no emissions or through carbon offsets.
- Invest in made-in-BC carbon capture technology.
- Empower local governments to set their own carbon pollution performance standards for new buildings.
- Support investments in renewable energy and technology solutions such as carbon capture.
- Ensure a comprehensive greenhouse gas strategy that reduces emissions while allowing resource development and Indigenous land use.
- Commit to being carbon neutral by 2045.
- Set sectoral targets.
- Set an interim target for 2025.
- End oil and gas subsidies, and redirect money to innovation & businesses to help meet our commitments.
- Develop an accountability framework to ensure targets are met.