This is a page from the 2020 British Columbia general election.
- Dedicate a specific portion of the annual allowable cut to higher value producers who create new jobs for workers in BC.
- Plant more trees.
- Reinstate the Rural Dividend Fund.
- Implement a market-pricing stumpage system.
- Modernize forest management practices.
- Aggressively defend BC's interests in softwood lumber trade issues.
- Increase investments in silviculture.
- Support development of mass timber structural products.
- Make sure profits from forestry go to First Nations and local communities instead of large corporations.
- Manage forests holistically.
- Protect remaining high value old growth forests.
- Generate more jobs and revenue from forestry.