This is a page from the 2020 British Columbia general election.
Early childhood development
- Train more Early Childhood Educators.
- Enhance the Early Care and Learning Recruitment and Retention Strategy, including expanding the ECE wage enhancement programme.
- Expand the Baby's Best Chance support programme for parents of newborns to support healthier outcomes for children.
- Increase supports and earlier assessments for identifying learning needs.
- Provide $300M in new funding to phase in up to 25 hours / week of free early childhood education programmes for 3 & 5 year-olds, rising to $550M as capacity expands.
- Provide $100M to create a new capital programme in the Ministry of Education for school renos to add ECE spaces.