- Control the rising cost of strata insurance.
- If rates have not corrected by the end of 2021, we will develop a public strata insurance option, similar to Saskatchewan.
- Encouraging and facilitate self-insurance models for stratas.
- Eliminate the practice of "best-terms" pricing.
- Reducing statutorily-required insurance for strata properties from full replacement value to a level in line with actual claims cost history.
Convene a taskforce, including insurance brokers, insurers, and strata owners, to deal with the rising cost of strata insurance and develop solutions as soon as the BC Financial Services Authority finishes their investigation.