It has been the honour of my life to serve the residents of Port Moody as a city Councillor for the past eleven years. I’ve learned to navigate challenging governance matters and build strong relationships with inspiring and positive leaders in community groups and all levels of government.
Looking forward, I’d love to devote my energy to serving our community as School Trustee, working together in a collaborative setting to ensure the best outcomes for students. Our youth are tomorrow's leaders, and soon enough, we all will need to depend upon them. Their experience at school and in the community really matters.
Great schools emerge from a caring community, engaged teachers and dedicated trustees who listen to parents and prioritize student success. As a Trustee, I'll work hard with the Board to prioritize:
- Distinguishing SD43 as the best education system in the province
- Equal opportunities for all students to reach their maximum potential
- Addressing the dire need for more Education Assistants in classrooms
- Respectful and collaborative interactions with fellow trustees and staff
- Optimizing the school district’s operating budgets and capital plans
- Nurturing a culture of care where Every Child Matters
-Close collaboration with city council