This is a page from the 2019 Canadian general election.
Restore door-to-door mail delivery to all communities.
- Reverse recent cuts to home postal delivery.
- Upgrade Canada Post to EVs.
- Establish "last mile" delivery using zero-emission vehicles in urban centres.
- Have mail carriers check on those with mobility issues or who live alone.
- Use post offices as resource centres & meeting spaces.
- Create up to 250,000 more child care spaces for kids under 10.
- Lower child care fees for before and after school programmes by 10%.
Develop a national, public, universal child care programme.
- Dedicate resources to making a universal, affordable, early learning and child-care system.
- Increase federal child care funding to achieve at least 1% of GDP, with an additional $1 billion each year until 1% is reached.
- Eliminate GST on construction costs for child-care spaces.
- Strengthen the regional mandate of CBC/RadioCanada so that local stations can broadcast more local news.
- Require CBC/Radio-Canada to open up its digital platform so that journalism start-ups & community newspapers can access affordable technology to develop & distribute content.
Increase funding for the CBC and Radio-Canada.
- Increase funding to CBC and Radio Canada by $315 million per year until the per-capital level of funding is equal to that of the BBC.
- Reform the governance of CBC - Radio Canada to remove potential for political interference in board appointments.