Allocate much greater funding for training in official languages for new immigrants through earmarked transfers to the provinces for primary and secondary public school and free night school programmes.
- Increase immigration modestly with a focus on highly-skilled people.
- Create a Municipal Nominee Programme allowing local communities, chambers of commerce, and local labour councils to directly sponsor immigrants.
- Make the Atlantic Immigration Pilot permanent.
- Make sure that our immigration policies and levels meet Canada’s labour force needs and recognize people’s experiences, contributions, and ties to Canada.
- Work with the provinces to address gaps in settlement services and improve foreign credentials recognition.
Work with the provinces to address gaps in settlement services and improve foreign credentials recognition.
Make the citizenship application process free for those who have fulfilled requirements needed to obtain it.
Regulate the immigration consultancy industry.
- Regulate the immigration consulting industry to ensure universally fair, legal and accessible services to help people navigate the immigration system.
- Increase penalties for consultants convicted of human smuggling and devote more resources to investigation and enforcement.
- Work with municipalities and provinces to improve integration of new Canadians into the multicultural fabric.
- Assist cultural organizations to obtain charitable status.
- Increase funding of multicultural associations providing immigrant support programmes.
Introduce a permanent, dedicated refugee stream for human rights advocates, journalists, and humanitarian workers at risk, resettling up to 250 people / year.
- Remove the cap on privately sponsored refugees.
- Ensure departmental resources are sufficiently focused on privately sponsored refugees.
- Prioritize genocide survivors, LGBTQ+ refugees, and internally displaced people in the Government-Assisted Refugees program.
- Get rid of refugee backlog.
- Work with Canadians to resettle refugees and ensure they're given needed support to build successful lives and new homes.
- Establish a clear and permanent path for resettlement of LGBTQI2S+ refugees to Canada.
Lead a national discussion to define the term “environmental refugee,” advocate for its inclusion as a refugee category in Canada, and accept an appropriate share of the world’s environmental refugees into Canada.
Work with the government of the United States to modernize the Safe Third Country Agreement.
Suspend the Safe Third Country agreement with the United States, allowing people to make asylum claims at official border crossings.
Terminate Canada's Safe Third Country Agreement with the United States.