This is a page from the 2021 Canadian federal election.
- Double the Union Training & Innovation program to $50M/year.
- Target participation in the Union Training & Innovation program from women, Indigenous people, newcomers, persons with disabilities, & Black & racialised Canadians.
- Establish a new Apprenticeship Service to connect 55K first-year apprentices in Red Seal trades with opportunities at small & medium-sized employers.
Double the Apprenticeship Job Creation Tax Credit for the next three years.
Require businesses supported through the Sectoral Workforce Solutions Program to include wrap-around supports for training for women & vulnerable groups.
- Double the Apprenticeship Job Creation Tax Credit for three years.
- Invest $250 million over two years in grants for organizations running projects that help workers get job training.
- Provide low interest loans up to $10,000 to people who want to upgrade their skills.
- Allow workers who quit a job to go to school to qualify for EI benefits.
- Require large employers to spend at least 1% of payroll on training for employees each year.
- Create a new provincially-directed Workers Development and Opportunities Fund to expand training options beyond those who qualify for EI.
- Increase the Canada Training Benefit.
- Support post-secondary institutions to provide new, innovative academic offerings.
- Permanently eliminate federal interest on Canada Student Loans & Canada Apprentice Loans.
- Increase the repayment assistance threshold to $50K for Canada Student Loan borrowers who are single.
- Work with the provinces & territories to cap & reduce tuition fees.
- Work towards rolling post-secondary into the public education system.
- Remove interest on federal student loans.
- Forgive up to $20,000 in student debt for graduates.
- Double the Canada Students Grant.
- Abolish post-secondary education tuition.
- Cancel all federally-held student loan debt.
- Introduce a $2,000/mo retroactive Canada Emergency Student Benefit, until the pandemic is over.
- Remove the 2% cap on increases in education funding for Indigenous students.
- Improve funding in federal-provincial transfers to universities & colleges.
Public School Educators
- Increase the refundable Eligible Educator School Supply Tax Credit from 15% to 25%.
- Expand eligibility criteria on the Educator School Supply Tax Credit to include tech devices & and all teaching supplies purchased to perform employment duties.