- Ban conversion therapy.
- Clarify that the ban does not criminalise non-coercive conversations.
- Immediately legislate a ban on conversion therapy.
- Work with the provinces & territories to support eliminating conversion therapy.
Ban & condemn the practice of conversion therapy, in all its forms.
Pass legislation giving Canadians the right to understand & control the collection, use, monitoring, retention, and disclosure of their personal data.
- Bring in legislation to prevent credit & debit card companies from selling customers' personal information.
- Update privacy legislation to include a digital bill of rights.
- Increase the powers of the Privacy Commissioner to make & enforce orders & levy finds & penalties.
- Enshrine citizens' digital rights, including the right to not be profiled online.
- Distinguish between demographic profiling & psychometric profiling.
- Add sexual orientation, & gender identity & expression to the Employment Equity Act.
- Conduct a comprehensive review of the existing employment equity regime to help close the racialised wage gap.
- Strengthen labour laws.
- Ensure diverse & equitable hiring within the federal public service & federally-regulated industries.
- Work with the provinces & territories on employment equity legislation.
Support the 23 recommendations outlined in the LGBT Purge Fund's report "Emerging from the Purge".
- Implement a national mentorship strategy for women of all ages to prepare & help them network for senior leadership roles in corporations & civil society.
- Seek out qualified female candidates for federal appointments.
- Require federally-regulated corporations & federally-mandated organisations to implement recruitment plans to seek out qualified female candidates for senior leadership positions.
- Prioritise pay equity by requiring employers to be transparent about pay & implementing pro-active pay equity legislation & regulations right away.
- Introduce legislation to encourage political parties to run more women candidates.
- Pass pay equity legislation.
- Immediately implement full pay equity for women employed in the federal sector.
- Develop tax incentives for companies to meet standards.
- Establish specific job reentry programmes for women with children.
- Advocate that all political parties nominate, train, & support more women & gender-diverse candidates.
- Clearly criminalise statements that encourage violence against people or identifiable groups, focusing on online incitement.
- Provide $25M to law enforcement to quickly investigate online threats of violence, hate speech, & disinformation campaigns by foreign governments or extremist groups.
- Require social media platforms to remove illegal content, such as content that incites violence.
- Work to ensure all major cities have dedicated hate crime units within local police forces.
- Convene a national working group to counter online hate.
- Set national standards for identifying & recording all hate incidents.
- Create a national action plan to dismantle far-right extremist organisations.
- Make social media platforms legally responsible for removing hateful & extremist content.
Develop better guidelines to address the weaponisation of free expression to promote hate speech & propaganda.
Develop a Black Canadians Justice Strategy to address anti-Black racism and discrimination in the criminal justice system.
- Start a national task force to create a plan to end over-incarceration of Black & Indigenous people.
- Address the impacts of mandatory minimums.
- Provide greater judicial discretion in sentencing.
- Develop culturally appropriate bail programmes.
- Increase restorative & community justice.
- Better integrate Gladue principles.
- Develop & implement an African Canadian Justice Strategy.
- Expand on & codify the requirement for sentencing judges to take into account systemic & historical racism.
- Develop clear laws & guidelines aligned with R. v. Ipeelee & R. v. Gladue.
- Implement additional laws to reduce incarceration of Indigenous peoples.
- Eliminate mandatory minimum sentences.
- Establish a funding programme within Health Canada to support community-based organisations offering targeted LGBTQI2+ youth mental health & well-being programmes.
- Fund community-driven education & awareness programmes & referral programmes.
- Ban & condemn the practice of medically unnecessary surgeries on intersex children.
- Prioritise collecting race-based data on health, employment, policing, & more with the goal of improving outcomes for racialised communities.
- Work with provinces to improve race-based data collection.
- Develop reporting & accountability mechanisms alongside racialised & Indigenous communities.
- Implement all TRC Calls to Action.
- Implement all Calls to Justice from the Final Report of the National Inquiry into Missing & Murdered Indigenous Women & Girls.
- Implement the recommendations of the Report of the UN Working Group of Experts on People of African Descent on its Mission to Canada.
- Immediately ensure the Federal Advisory Committee on Prisoner Isolation receives access to required information to monitor the state of solitary confinement in Canada's prisons.
- Ensure the recommendations of the Office of the Correctional investigator with respect to Structured Intervention Units are implemented.
- Implement the Senate amendments to Bill C-83.
- Work with the provinces to ensure equal access to gender-affirming surgery across the country, & that gender-affirming procedures & medication is covered by public health plans.
- Review & eliminate systemic barriers related to gender in the delivery of federal public services.
- Provide funding to support the creation & expansion of shelters for trans youth.
- Negotiate the Canada Health Accord to prioritise access to gender-affirming health services.
- Listen to feedback on census questions.
- Ensure trans, non-binary, & Two Spirit people are able to alter their sex designation on all federally-issued documents, without undertaking surgeries.
- Require accessible facilities in all federal buildings, including gender-neutral washrooms & changing facilities.