This is a page from the 2019 Canadian general election.
- Introduce new rules to streamline trade inside Canada by promoting mutual recognition of standards, such as professional licenses.
- Actively assert federal jurisdiction where needed.
- Create a Canada Free Trade Tribunal to resolve cases where domestic trade barriers may exist.
Directly engage with Canadians on expected costs and benefits of potential trade deals, ensure all agreements are consistent with the UN Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples, and protect against measures that weaken pharmacare, cultural protections, or privacy rights.
- Align national trade with climate change plans.
- Protect supply management.
- Facilitate effort to reform the WTO.
- Renegotiate Canada's trade and investment agreements to remove Investor State Dispute Settlement provisions.