This is a page from the 2019 Canadian general election.
- Introduce a "boat-to-plate" traceability programme.
- Increase investments in small craft harbours by $40 million / year.
- Create advisory panels to rebuild critical stocks.
- Increase support for Salmonid Enhancement program.
- Restore community-led Recreational Fisheries Conservation Partnership Program.
- Make stock recovery a strategic focus.
- Combat Seafood Fraud.
- Create a Modern Aquaculture Act.
- Work towards a community-based terminal fishery system on the west coast.
- Protect, enshrine, and enforce the government's owner-operator and fleet separation policies on the east coast. Put in place stronger seafood labelling rules. Invest in restoration of fish stocks.
- Fully implement the co-management provisions of the Oceans Act.
- Entrench owner-operator and fleet separation policies in the Fisheries Act.
- Implement the Standing Committee on Fisheries and Oceans report.
- Increase funding for research on fish stocks.