This is a page from the 2019 Canadian general election.
- Work towards net-zero by 2050.
- Set legally-binding, 5-year milestones.
- Appoint a group of scientists, economists, & experts to recommend the best path to net-zero.
- Introduce a Just Transition Act to transition energy workers to other industries.
- Plant 2b trees over 10 years.
Declare a climate emergency, put in place greenhouse gas reductions targets to stabilize the global temperature rise to 1.5 degrees Celcius, and create an independent Climate Accountability Office to do regular audits of progress towards climate goals.
Pass into law a Climate Change Act requiring a 60% cut in climate-changing emissions below 2005 levels by 2030, reaching net zero in 2050.