This is a page from the 2019 Canadian general election.
Green buildings and housing
- Help retrofit 1.5 million homes for energy efficiency.
- Give interested homeowners and landlords a free energy audit.
- Help homeowners and landlords pay for retrofits with an interest-free loan of up to $40,000.
- Introduce a Net Zero Homes Grant of up to $5000.
Introduce a 20% refundable credit on family's income tax for green improvements to their homes over $1000 and up to $20,000.
- Require and fund large-scale building retrofits in all sectors to reduce energy demand.
- Retrofit all housing stock in Canada by 2050, with low-interest loans payable through energy savings.
- Update the National Building Code to ensure net-zero energy in new buildings by 2030.
- Launch a massive energy efficiency retrofit of residential, commercial, and institutional buildings, financed through direct grants, zero-interest loans, and repayments based on energy/cost savings.
- Require new construction to meet net-zero emission standards by 2030.