This is a page from the 2019 Canadian general election.
Major energy projects
Any profit from construction or sale of the Trans Mountain Expansion Project will be invested in natural climate solutions and clean energy projects.
- Create a national energy corridor to carry Canadian energy & resources from coast to coast.
- Repeal Bill C-69.
- End ban on shipping traffic on the north coast of BC.
- Build the Trans Mountain Pipeline.
- Assert federal jurisdiction over projects that are "for the general advantage".
Overhaul the process for reviewing major projects to ensure adequate time for public consultation and provide core funding to support Indigenous participation.
- Approve no new pipelines, or coal, oil, or gas drilling or mining.
- Continue extant oil and gas operations on a declining basis with bitumen production phased out between 2030 and 2035.
- Ban fracking.
- Cancel the Trans Mountain pipeline.