This is a page from the 2019 Canadian general election.
- Ban harmful single-use plastics.
- Set new standards and targets for businesses that manufacture plastic products or sell items with plastic packaging to have them take full responsibility for collecting and recycling.
- Strengthen the Environmental Protection Act.
- Work with provinces and municipalities to put an end to raw sewage being dumped in waterways.
- Review and modernize air quality standards.
- Reinstate the Lake Simcoe Clean-Up fund.
- Ban export of plastic waste.
Ban single-use plastics and help municipalities improve waste management and recycling programmes.
- Set targets to reduce production of solid waste.
- Hold manufacturers financially responsible for waste.
- Require an increasing percentage of recycled plastic feedstock in durable plastic products.
- Require all products to be fully recyclable.
- Phase out export of solid waste.