This is a page from the 2019 Canadian general election.
- Create a rapid-response service staffed by social workers, case management counsellors, & peer support workers.
- Give veterans up to $3k in free counselling before requiring a disability claim.
- Build new accessible & affordable housing for veterans with an additional $15m/year.
- Enshrine a Military Covenant between the government and veterans to guarantee every Veteran is treated with respect and provided timely services.
- Clear backlog of benefit applications within two years.
- Create a reliable, dependable pension system.
- Strengthen transition services.
- Fully review benefits, work with veterans to determine the best way to provide fair ones, including equal access to lifetime pensions.
- Get rid of backlogs and provide one caseworker for every 25 veterans.
- Provide support for all veterans.
- Launch a national re-examination of veterans' issues.
- Restore periodic payments to pre-2006 levels.
- Repeal denial of pensions to spouses who married after 60.
- Update the Veterans Charter.
- Ensure access to health care, and mental health support.