This is a page from the 2019 Canadian general election.
- Implement the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples by the end of 2020.
- Develop a framework for repatriating cultural property and ancestral remains.
- Work with First Nations to implement the TRC and IMMIWG.
- Support processes for reconstituting nations.
Appoint a Minister for Consulting Indigenous Rights Holders.
- Co-develop a National Action Plan for Reconciliation.
- Establish a National Council for Reconciliation.
- Replace consultation with free, prior, and informed consent for Indigenous communities affected by policies.
- Respect treaties and Inuit and Métis self-determination.
- Honour treaties and respect the UN Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples.
- Make Indigenous nations equal partners in setting national policy priorities.
- Fully implement the TRC and MMIWG report.
- Develop a national strategy for housing, water, food, and healthcare.