This is a page from the 2019 Canadian general election.
- Make the federal commitment to fund public transit permanent, keeping up with the rising cost of construction.
- Provide an additional $3 billion / per year.
- Require new federal investments be used to support zero-emission buses and rail systems starting in 2023.
Fund the Ontario Line and Yonge Subway Extension.
- Put in place a permanent, direct, allocation-based funding mechanism for modern public transit.
- Step up investments to help cities transition bus fleets to electric.
- Expand affordable rail and bus options in all parts of the country.