This is a page from the 2019 Canadian general election.
- Increase immigration modestly with a focus on highly-skilled people.
- Create a Municipal Nominee Programme allowing local communities, chambers of commerce, and local labour councils to directly sponsor immigrants.
- Make the Atlantic Immigration Pilot permanent.
- Increase the number of points awarded for a job offer under the Express Entry Program.
- Match international students finished university with jobs.
- Provide new economic immigrants info about opportunities outside of urban centres.
- Rework the Temporary Foreign Workers Program.
- Make sure that our immigration policies and levels meet Canada’s labour force needs and recognize people’s experiences, contributions, and ties to Canada.
- Work with the provinces to address gaps in settlement services and improve foreign credentials recognition.
- Eliminate the Temporary Foreign Workers Program.
- Address labour shortages by increasing immigration.