Introduce a permanent, dedicated refugee stream for human rights advocates, journalists, and humanitarian workers at risk, resettling up to 250 people / year.
- Remove the cap on privately sponsored refugees.
- Ensure departmental resources are sufficiently focused on privately sponsored refugees.
- Prioritize genocide survivors, LGBTQ+ refugees, and internally displaced people in the Government-Assisted Refugees program.
- Get rid of refugee backlog.
- Work with Canadians to resettle refugees and ensure they're given needed support to build successful lives and new homes.
- Establish a clear and permanent path for resettlement of LGBTQI2S+ refugees to Canada.
Lead a national discussion to define the term “environmental refugee,” advocate for its inclusion as a refugee category in Canada, and accept an appropriate share of the world’s environmental refugees into Canada.