This is a page from the 2019 Canadian general election.
- Create a Digital Charter, overseen and enforced by a more powerful Privacy Commissioner.
- Place new regulations for large digital companies, overseen by a newly-created Data Commissioner.
- Form an expert committee with industry leaders to define binding cyber security standards for critical infrastructure sectors and penalties for non-compliance.
Strengthen privacy protections by boosting the power of the Privacy Commissioner to make and enforce orders.
- Require the Communications Security Establishment & CSIS to get a warrant before intruding on Canadians' communications.
- Increase powers of Privacy Commissioner.
- Regulate Internet privacy protections. Regulate social media platforms to have only verifiable identities can publish.