This is a page from the 2019 Canadian general election.
Prisons and prisoners
Establish an independent Criminal Case Review Commission to make wrongfully convicted applications easier.
- Tie parole eligibility to job skills training.
- Take steps towards statutory release & replace it with earned parole.
- Continue to fund extant rehab programs focusing on literacy, numeracy, anger management, & addiction.
- Require all necessary admin work complete before release.
- Eliminate solitary confinement.
- Re-invest in prisoner rehabilitation and preparation for reintegration into society, especially for Indigenous people and women.