This is a page from the 2021 Canadian federal election.
- Significantly increase the CRA's resources to combat aggressive tax planning & avoidance.
- Modernise the general anti-avoidance regime.
- Work with international partners to implement a global minimum tax.
Provide more funding to the CRA, increasing to $750M/year, for stronger enforcement of taxation for multinational firms, of large corporations, international taxation, and other tax evasion.
- Close tax loopholes.
- Eliminate bearer shares.
- Require companies to prove the economic reason for offshore transactions.
- Improve transparency on taxes paid by large corporations.
- Increase compliance funding to the CRA's enforcement section for international and corporate taxation.