This is a page from the 2021 Canadian federal election.
- Adapt & apply the Canada Business Corporations Act diversity requirements to federally-regulated financial institutions.
- Require Crown corporations to implement gender & diversity reporting, beginning next year.
- Implement a national mentorship strategy for women of all ages to prepare & help them network for senior leadership roles in corporations & civil society.
- Seek out qualified female candidates for federal appointments.
- Require federally-regulated corporations & federally-mandated organisations to implement recruitment plans to seek out qualified female candidates for senior leadership positions.
- Prioritise pay equity by requiring employers to be transparent about pay & implementing pro-active pay equity legislation & regulations right away.
- Introduce legislation to encourage political parties to run more women candidates.
- Pass pay equity legislation.
- Immediately implement full pay equity for women employed in the federal sector.
- Develop tax incentives for companies to meet standards.
- Establish specific job reentry programmes for women with children.
- Advocate that all political parties nominate, train, & support more women & gender-diverse candidates.