This is a page from the 2021 Canadian federal election.
Work with employers & communities to welcome 2K skilled refugees to fill labour shortages in sectors like healthcare.
- Replace all public, government-assisted refugee places with more private & joint sponsorship places, except for special cases.
- Make the Rainbow Refugee Assistance Project a permanent program.
- Allow private sponsorship of the most vulnerable victims of persecution directly from their country of origin.
- Create a program to allow direct private sponsorship of persecuted religious & sexual minorities.
- Get rid of the backlog for asylum seekers.
- Work with Canadians to resettle refugees in communities.
- Ensure refugees are given the support they need to build successful lives & new homes.
- Establish a clear & permanent path for resettlement of LGBTQI2S+ refugees.
- Terminate the Safe Third Country Agreement with the US.
- Address processing time & unaffordable application fees.
- Eliminate status-based service requirements.