This is a page from the 2021 Canadian federal election.
Temporary Foreign Workers
- Reform economic immigration programmes to expand pathways to Permanent Residence for temporary foreign workers & former international students through the Express Entry points system.
- Create a Trusted Employer system with a streamlined application process for Canadian companies hiring temporary foreign workers to fill labour shortages that can't be filled by Canadian workers.
- Create a trusted employer system so companies don't have to reapply.
- Work with provinces to harmonise federal & provincial systems.
- Set clear standards & timelines for Labour Market Assessment processes, including options for fee-based expedited visas when needed.
- Revise how regions are zoned to ensure rural areas & tourism hotspots are not coupled with urban hubs.
- Establish a path to permanence.
- Introduce low-barrier, more accessible pathways to permanent residency for temporary foreign workers.
- Develop safe strategies for temporary foreign workers & whistle blowers to report abusive employers without losing their status.