This is a page from the 2021 Canadian federal election.
- Reduce processing times to under 12 months.
- Introduce electronic applications for family reunification.
- Scrap the lottery system for family reunification.
- Create a first-come-first-served system with weighting to prioritise applicants on criteria such as providing child care or family support, and language proficiency.
- Invest additional resources in processing applications.
- End caps on applications to sponsor parents & grandparents.
- Treat caregivers brought to Canada with respect & dignity, provide them with status, & allow them to reunite with their families without delay.
- Increase the number of accepted applications for parent & grandparent sponsorship by IRCC.
- Review adoption bans for Muslim majority countries.
- Remove visa requirements for most parents visiting their children.