- Record all interactions between immigration officers & applicants to ensure oversight, fairness, & accountability.
- Use technology to speed application vetting.
- Increase cultural awareness training.
- Use remote meeting technology to match applicants with immigration officers who best understand their cultural context.
- Let applicants correct simple application mistakes within a set amount of time.
Regulate the immigration consultancy industry.
- Update the citizenship guidebook to include a more accurate history of Canada & Turtle Island, including residential schools & the Indian Act.
- Address all forms of hate & xenophobia in all aspects of settlement in Canada.
- Introduce exceptions for permanent residency & citizenship application costs based on household income.