This is a page from the 2021 Canadian federal election.
Commit an additional $1.4B for a distinctions-based mental health & wellness strategy, for a total investment of $2B over 5 years.
- Provide $1B over 5 years to boost funding for Indigenous mental health and drug treatment programs.
- Support innovative approaches, such as land-based treatment programs and programs delivered in Indigenous languages.
- Work in partnership with Indigenous communities to improve access to mental health & addiction treatment services both on & off reserve, including an evidence-based action plan to prevent suicide.
- Dedicate federal resources.
- Increase support for Indigenous-led, culturally safe, mental health programs & services.
- Ensure all programming is guided by the First Nations Mental Wellness Continuum Framework.
- Establish permanent funding for land-based, trauma-informed, community addictions care for Indigenous peoples.
- Double the Aboriginal Health Human Resources Initiative's budget.