This is a page from the 2021 Canadian federal election.
- Allow people using the First Time Home Buyer Incentive to choose between a shared-equity approach & a loan that is repayable at time of sale.
- Reduced the price charged by CMHC on mortgage insurance by 25%.
- Increase the insured mortgage cut-off from $1M to $1.25M, & index it to inflation.
- Encourage a new market in seven- to ten-year mortgages.
- Remove the stress test requirement when a homeowner renews a mortgage with another lender.
- Increase the limit on eligibility for mortgage insurance and index it to home price inflation.
- Reform the mortgage stress test.
- Re-introduce 30-year terms on CMHC insured mortgages on entry-level homes for first time home buyers.
- Double the Home Buyer's Tax Credit to $1,500.
- Provide resources to help co-housing, including CMHC-backed co-ownership mortgages.