This is a page from the 2021 Canadian federal election.
- Expand the Aboriginal Entrepreneurship Program to enable businesses to access a new, zero-interest loan when a 10% advance is not possible.
- Create a navigator position to help Indigenous entrepreneurs find programs that apply to their situation.
- Work with all government departments to analyse &, as appropriate, adjust eligibility criteria to ensure programs are inclusive.
- Provide $4M over 3 years in targeted funding to train local & regional economic development officers.
- Develop an Indigenous Business Mentorship Program.
- Update the First Nations Land Management Act.
- Improve opportunities for Indigenous businesses to receive government contracts by setting active targets, enforcing govt. accountability, and providing constructive feedback for unsuccessful bidders.
- Work with Indigenous communities to support locally-driven economic development.
- Create good jobs through infrastructure & public service investments.
- Work with Indigenous entrepreneurs to find solutions for accessing capital & invest in Indigenous social enterprises & entrepreneurship.
- Prioritise procurement from Indigenous companies where possible.
- Dedicate regional economic development support.