This is a page from the 2021 Canadian federal election.
- Build a national monument in Ottawa to honour residential school survivors & victims.
- Work with Indigenous partners to appoint a Special Interlocutor to work with governments & Indigenous communities to develop a legal & regulatory framework for justice regarding unmarked graves & make recommendations.
- Provide support for communities doing burial searches at former Day Schools & Indian Hospitals.
- Develop a comprehensive plan to implement TRC Calls to Action 71 through 76.
- Fund investigations at all former residential schools with unmarked graves.
- Develop a detailed set of resources to educate Canadians of all ages about residential schools.
- Build a national monument.
- Fund the search for grave sites at former residential schools.
- Fund the maintenance, commemoration, reburial, & protection of residential school cemeteries according to the wishes of Indigenous families, Survivors, & communities.
- Establish memorials.
- Appoint a special prosecutor to pursue those involved in residential schools.
- Require churches & governments to hand over records.
- Fund healing.
- Provide sustainable funding for new & existing Indigenous Healing Centres to address the harms caused by residential schools.
- Honour the TRC request for funding for work on the Missing Children & Unmarked Burials Project.
- Call on the Pope to apologise on behalf of the Catholic Church for its involvement in residential schools.