- Clearly criminalise statements that encourage violence against people or identifiable groups, focusing on online incitement.
- Provide $25M to law enforcement to quickly investigate online threats of violence, hate speech, & disinformation campaigns by foreign governments or extremist groups.
- Require social media platforms to remove illegal content, such as content that incites violence.
- Work to ensure all major cities have dedicated hate crime units within local police forces.
- Convene a national working group to counter online hate.
- Set national standards for identifying & recording all hate incidents.
- Create a national action plan to dismantle far-right extremist organisations.
- Make social media platforms legally responsible for removing hateful & extremist content.
Develop better guidelines to address the weaponisation of free expression to promote hate speech & propaganda.