This is a page from the 2021 Canadian federal election.
- Require owners of assault weapons to either sell the firearm to the government for destruction, or have it rendered permanently inoperable at government expense.
- Set a maximum of 5 rounds for long gun magazines.
- Set aside a minimum of $1B to support provinces or territories who implement a ban on handguns.
- Ban selling or transferring magazines that hold more than a legal number of bullets.
- Target "straw purchasing".
- Further penalize unauthorised import or possession of a firearm, & possession for a dangerous purpose.
- Expand the Firearms Tracing & Enforcement database nationally.
- Make seizing firearms easier for police.
- Repeal C-71 & the May 2020 Order in Council.
- Work to keep assault weapons and illegal handguns off the street.
- Work to address gun smuggling and organised crime.