- Create a new federal money transfer to provinces & territories to assist in expanding high-quality, accessible, & free mental health services, with standards for timeliness, universality, & cultural competence.
- Invest $4.5B over 5 years in the new transfer.
- Fund a national, 3-digit mental health crisis & suicide prevention hot-line.
- Propose provinces partner with us to ensure an additional 1M people/year can receive mental health treatment.
- Provide $150M over 3 years in grants to non-profits & charities providing mental health & wellness programming.
- Create a nationwide three-digit suicide prevention hotline.
Work with the provinces & territories to implement a comprehensive approach to mental health services.
- Establish a national mental health strategy & a suicide prevention strategy.
- Negotiate the Canada Health Accord to prioritise expansion of mental health & rehabilitation services, & call for mental health services as medically necessary.
- Increase direct federal funding for community-based mental healthcare.
- Invest in community supportive housing.